Let me ask you some important questions…
- Are you struggling though life?
- Have you heard the saying, “Do what you love and the money will follow” but for the life of you, you can’t figure out what ‘what you love’ is?
- Do you feel that the key to a fulfilling life is to find your purpose, but you don’t even know where to start?
- Do you feel that until you find your purpose you will be stuck in this pattern of struggle?
- Do you wonder if you really have a purpose or if you are destined to a mediocre, purpose free life?
Did you answer YES to any of these questions?
If you did answer Yes to even one of these questions, you are in the right place…
Listen to me here…
It’s time for you…
It’s time for you to find your purpose and to have a fulfilling life…
I can hear you now, “But HOW Kristen, how do I find my purpose?”
Let’s start with a few simple steps…but first I have to ask you to allow yourself to answer whatever comes to mind and not judge what you come up with as possible or not possible.
No judgment; we are just digging in for discovery purposes…
Are you in?
Great, let’s go…
Grab a pen and paper (or you can go to your computer, but pen and paper tends to bring out more honest, instinctual responses) and answer these 10 questions…
Remember, don’t think, just write…
- Write down your top 3 favorite things to do when you were a kid.
- Write down your top 3 LEAST favorite things to do when you were a kid.
- Write down your top 3 favorite things to do now.
- Write down your top 3 LEAST favorite things to do now.
- When you feel ‘In the zone’ at work, home or anywhere, what are you doing?
- How do you make your money? What is your job?
- How many hours a week do you spend at your job?
- Is there anything about your job that you like and feel you are really good at?
- What are the things about your job that you hate?
- When do you feel most comfortable in your own skin? What are you doing?
You need to know 2 things when it comes to how to find your purpose as the key to a fulfilling life.
1. Your purpose CANNOT be something you don’t feel ‘Right’ doing?
2. You can have MORE THAN 1 purpose!
First we need to discover the common bonds between all of your answers.
In your answers to the questions above, there are most likely a few things that keep popping up in your answers…
What are they?
Write them down…
One of my clients was struggling to find her purpose so we went through this exercise and found that dealing with animals and being outside kept popping up in her answers. When we talked about animals and being outside, she got animated and excited and emotional…that’s the KEY…she was emotional, she felt something…you have to be emotional about your purpose!
Here’s the funny part about this client of mine, she didn’t have any pets AND she worked in an office on a computer without any windows, very little interaction and certainly NO exposure to animals.
No wonder she felt like she was off purpose…she was!
She and I went through a whole process to find her purpose and I am happy to say she has found her purpose and is living a fulfilling life. It took time, time that you and I will take too…
The first step to how to find your purpose is to discover the answers to the questions I have put in this post…
Leave me a comment with any common things that keep popping out at you…that way I can help…it is important to see what you do love AND what you absolutely don’t love…write it all down, share it with me here and I’ll make sure I reply to your comments.
Once you do this exercise, we can move on to the next step of discovery for what you can do with that purpose.
Remember, to find your purpose is the key to a fulfilling life, take these steps now, answer the questions, let me know what you find by leaving it here in a comment and we will take this journey together!