Issue 179 – Becoming a GREAT Receiver

Becoming a GREAT Receiver

By Margaret Lynch

Would you rather work and be responsible for everything—even to the point of failure—than to ask for help? At some point in your life, you may have decided that you’re on your own, and you took a vow to never depend on anyone. This is a very common vow that can be tough to break because it’s often taken out of necessity when you’re young and reinforced over and over in adulthood.

It can make absolute sense to have a vow not to be vulnerable or needy of others, as both leave you open to being hurt and disappointed. This vow is often viewed as smart—what seems best for you and totally necessary.

Blocking Support

While it may seem practical, there’s a big downside to this vow that can keep you from having both more money and more ease in your life and career. When you decide you don’t need anything from others or “the world,” you block yourself from asking and receiving and instead become guarded and closed. It’s almost impossible to receive when you’re in this state. The funny thing is that often, people who made this vow say what they really want is to feel more supported by both money and people. They aren’t aware that their vow keeps them from satisfying those desires.

If you work hard, you must also allow yourself to receive all the rewards of your hard work in the forms of money, recognition, and life ease. While logically it would seem like this is the part everyone welcomes, it’s problematic if you vow to never be needy. This vow conflicts with the ability to receive praise, recognition, compliments, and attention for achievements. Have you ever said something like: “I’m not doing it for the credit” or “I don’t need the compliments.” In essence it means that you’re doing it for the accomplishment itself and not for the reward. If you want more money, you need to do it for both, admit to it, and be ready and willing to receive.

Those who are willing to openly ask for and receive support recognize that achieving huge goals happens faster when you have enrolled assistance and have people to collaborate with. A support system, whether it’s an actual team helping you with your goal or the emotional and mental support of a peer group, will allow you to expand and capitalize on your brilliance to achieve great things. When you know you can’t do it alone, you may feel sad, frustrated, or envious of people who have help if you don’t know how to have that for yourself.

Keep Reading for how to become a GREAT receiver starting today…

FREE Video: 2 Keys
to Wealth Manifesting…

Free Report

Allowing Yourself to Ask for More

Being hesitant or refusing to ask for what you want makes it difficult to actually get. So, openly asking for it is a great place to start. You have to be willing to ask and that’s the first step for using the Law of Attraction effectively. If there’s even the slightest tendency for this kind of vow to keep you from getting all your needs met, it’s important to clear it out.

Your energy has to be open to receiving the money you desire. You may have worked hard for years without seeing a change in your finances. If you don’t ask, you’re not likely to receive. It’s time to say, “Yes I love reward! I want reward! I want to feel nurtured and loved and adored by wealth and other people in the Universe, and to receive anything else I desire. I can ASK for it!”

Once you clear out those old vows to take care of everything yourself, money can flow to you more easily since you have more resources and support available.

It’s one of the toughest ones to let go of because you’ve amassed a million pieces of evidence that prove why that vow to never ask, never be vulnerable, and never acknowledge your feelings makes perfect sense, and this reality seems like the absolute truth. It takes time to rewire how you think and operate to become open to this idea.

Remember, you still get to be strong and independent and self-reliant, but you can ALSO have your needs met. You can sometimes rely on trustworthy people, so your work is reduced and so you can relax more and maybe even break down and let someone else be strong for you. You can have and be both self-reliant and supported! So take another nice deep breath and just honor what it’s like to ask and receive and try that out in your life. Open yourself up to one small thing at a time. You might get some surprised looks from friends and family, but it will feel great, especially when your wealth begins to grow!

“Thanks Kristen, I felt a “low” ebb this morning and I reminded myself that the inner and the vibration is what must transcend first. After all, what I want is my consciousness transformed. All the “stuff” is already done. Your fantastic video gave me further confirmation that what I was thinking was the Truth.
Wow, your video was an instant manifestation for me this morning!” – Carla H.

Quick Tip

In light of today’s article I want to ask you a VERY important question…

As of today – this very moment – are you WILLING to receive?

Willingness is the first and most crucial step (most people jump into all the action they think will force what they want to show up – however, if you aren’t willing to receive it, none of that action will matter.)

So, it doesn’t matter if you have been willing up until now…

What matters is this moment forward

So – are YOU WILLING to receive???

Leave me a comment here to let me know you are willing – just type in YES and I’ll know you are in!

109 Responses to “Issue 179 – Becoming a GREAT Receiver”

1. Mark Liddle says:

Yes, I am willing!

2. Gift Iyke says:

Yes everly ready to recieve

3. TS says:

Like so many LOA related pieces, this one is well written.
    At first, I read it and said to myself, yes, this makes sense.
    However, I thought about it a bit and realized that there is something missing.
    An issue is identified: willingness to receive. A solution is not.
    As usual, I am left with without an actionable way to use this information.

• Kristen says:

Hi TS!

GREAT question – AND I wrote a reply for someone else that should help you with this – here you go…

“You receive by getting in alignment (and all that means is that when you are in alignment with the stream of infinite well being that is surrounding us and flowing through us always, you receive what you desire) – NOW here’s the cool part – even though you can get out of alignment, you can’t get out of the infinite stream of well being all together – so you are always in it – receiving is about letting go of resistance to it. AND resistance shows up in the form of heavier, lower vibration and negative feelings and thoughts.

So what do you do? You focus solely on raising your vibration from where it is now to a higher vibration (you don’t have to jump from despair to joy – that would be VERY difficult) yet you can immediately raise yourself up one or even a few levels. Ask yourself “what is something that makes me laugh?” – and then really get into it – remember it as fully as you can – and your vibration is already raising – which means you are already moving into allowing and receiving!”

Thanks for being here!
      Kristen

4. Nancy says:

Hi Kristen,

You are absolutely right…you do need to ask for help. Unfortunately, I’ve been rejected so many times, I no longer ask. My parents flatly refused to pay for any schooling, I got my degrees on my own. I’m in the process of writing a book, again significant others refuse to even look at it. Talk about feeling vulnerable! Any suggestions on how to reverse this? Based on multiple past experiences, it’s a struggle for me to believe the universe is supposedly on my side. I keep looking for what’s going right, but that hasn’t been particularly helpful.
    Thanks,

Nancy

• Kristen says:

Hi Nancy!

You are bringing up one of the biggest struggles folks have with receiving – so thank you in advance for asking this question…

Here’s the deal – receiving can get tough if you are deciding WHERE you will be receiving from. So instead of thinking you know where abundance or joy or support will come from, you need to release that attachment (as the attachment is what gets you stuck in resistance – and it is impossible to receive from a state of resistance.)

Here is something I wrote to someone else that will help you as well…

I believe in you!
      Kristen

5. Lee says:

Yes, I am open to receive.

6. nnadi says:

yes is it good to receive. also it is equally nice to show appreciation by the ability to pay back cash for some of the materials so far received. can i pay through our local money in nigeria if you have any outreach in my country. thanks nnadi nigeria.

7. nivi says:

Yes! I’m ready to receive.

8. Gloria says:

I am willing to receive. I need to be taught how to receive and believe that I am worthy. Not just repetitive words but really believe/know that I am worthy to receive.

• Kristen says:

Hi Gloria!

Thanks for being here!
      Kristen

9. Guillaume Marais says:

Willingness to receive ertainly a angle worth pursuing as anything that can help achievement is a must!

10. Andrew says:

YEEEEEES!!!!!Its amazing to learn that the simple things we take for granted do impact our lives outcome greatly. Amazing Insights!!!!! Am truly inspired. Thank you..Thank you..Thank you.

11. Abraham Iferemenam says:

12. Lisa says:

Yes! I renounce the vow to never ask for anything or be needy. I am so ready and willing to receive!

13. Johannes says:

yes, I am willing to receive!

Regards
    Johannes

14. Virginia says:

I have always maintained that it is just as good to receive as it is to give. One needs the other to be fulfilling. Let others share with you, they are paying it forward for help they received. It’s hard to ask for support but it is so worthwhile when you get it and implement action steps.

15. Nahesi says:

YES!!!!!!! Thank you Kristen!

16. Azih says:

Yes I am willing and open to receive this very moment

17. MSM says:

This was the exact message I needed today. It seems it was written just to me! Thank you. What a great insight. I AM READY!

18. marcia menezez says:

I AM WILLING to receive
    TODAY THOUGH A GOT A BLOCK , i received a call from telephone company , for an increse in satelit phone . as i did not want to change number i aid no , now i am looking forward they call again

the problem on focus , i was with visitors , and lost my clear focus

but this is one more thing i learnt , do not loose your focus on receving

you are awesome

i receive your learning with all my soul
    love and peace

19. Stephen DallaCosta says:

Yes I am ready to receive

20. Neil says:

Yes, I’m open to receive. Thank you Kristen ????

21. Chris MacNulty says:

Hi!
    I really liked the article and video, and I tried to sign up for Margaret Lynch’s program, but the date for it was October 2014. Is there a new date? Thanks, Chris

22. Milena says:

Yes I am willing to receive money

23. Sanjay Upadhyay says:

wow! I have developed in mind & heart. keep sending. regards.

24. Ellen says:

Yes, I am willing to receive. I hope it works!

25. Evelyn says:

I most definitely am ready and willing!

26. Shenina Rodriguez says:

27. hidayath says:

YES.. I AM WILLING TO RECEIVE.

28. Ronald says:

Yes, willing to receive

29. Mark says:

I’m ready to receive. Bring it!!!

30. Cody :D says:

YES PLEASE.

31. Candice Sobers says:

I am willing to receive. I do no
    t ask enough.

32. Dominic says:

YES! I am all in for a big treat from the universe and money is definitely flowing into my life easily and effortlessly and it feels so great to
    receive and to know that I am very abundantly blessed! Thank you so much!

33. Deidre says:

yes, thank you 🙂

34. Shawn Sargent says:

Thank you Kristen.
    This article is exactly me, I reach a goal, and I’m like ” Its no big deal, I don’t need a reward, I was just supposed to do it”.
    I feel better now, that it is not conceit, hubris, or vanity, to Ask for a reward for accomplishing things.

35. sunny says:

36. Golden says:

Yes I am willing. This is interesting Kristen. This was one of my characteristics and I am ready to part with it forever.

Regards
    Golden

37. Elizabeth says:

Yes very much so 🙂

38. Marianne says:

For the majority of my life I have been in the Gamma Delta Iota mind set (God Damn Independent) and easily gave. It is so automatic. However I am struggling with receiving. The life pattern has been when I ask, I am rejected.So even the mere thought of saying I need or desire gets met with fear.This does not even feel safe for me. Yet, I am slowly saying I need help and asking for it. I realize I am out of balance in this area. I say yes I am willing to receive and I am open to receiving. I am grateful.